Constants with program with parent dependency

Constants with program with parent dependency

Arne Goedeke
Hi all,

the following code does not work anymore in pike 8:

constant fail = ({ A });

class A {
  array foo = fail;
}

As far as I can tell the reason was that previously unfinished programs
were not considered to use their parent and so the reference of A in the
array ended up being a program instead of the function. The commit which
introduced this change in behavior was

   86ce26dde736531829bbf1466c0d2504e8973466

My feeling is that the new behavior is actually correct, or is this a
regression?

Arne