MACPORT install of Pike

Nicolas Pike
Hi,

The current Macport is 7.6 I see there is a a more recent version on the Pike site, but I cannot see how to install it. Do I need to create a local Macport repo? I tried this but could not index the package
Any thoughts please?

Nicolas

Re: MACPORT install of Pike

Peter Bortas-2
On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 1:10 AM, Nicolas Pike <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The current Macport is 7.6 I see there is a a more recent version on the
> Pike site, but I cannot see how to install it. Do I need to create a local
> Macport repo? I tried this but could not index the package
> Any thoughts please?

The Mac build available on the site is not a well formed Mac package.
Mac is treated like all the Unix builds which means an executable you
run from the command line. If you just execute it from CLI it will ask
where you want to install Pike.

The "macports" part is that it depends on att least libnettle and
libgmp from macports to be installed in /opt/local to work properly.

The only reason I upload that half-broken thing is that it has been
requested by people that are fine with it. Hopefully someone will get
time to teach the build machines how to make real Mac packages
eventually.

Peter Bortas