I’ve spent the past few weeks getting a reasonably full-featured pike build for Windows prepared. I’d be pleased to have folks test this build out and let me know if there are any rough edges. The MSI installer is available at:
If I don’t hear of any major breakage in the next 3-4 days, I’ll publish an official announcement of the release.
Some notes about this build:
1. I’ve used VC2015 on Windows 7, and have not tested the results on WinXP, should anyone still be so fashionably outdated.
2. I did prepare a few newer versions of dependencies (gmp, nettle, pcre, freetype).
3. I managed to find a copy of wix 2.0 on an old VM, and was thus able to build the installer without rewriting a lot of things. It’s pretty much impossible to find a copy of wix2, so fixing the wix input to accommodate the changes for wix3 might be needed in the future.
4. My libs directory for win32 has copies of libraries of UI-ish things, but the build didn’t seem to pick them up automatically, and I don’t really care about them. I don’t know if previous 8.0 releases included support for these things. If anyone does care about GTK or SDL or such, get in touch with me and maybe we can work something out.
5. Most of the problems with the build were related to getting the wix2 tools and various libraries squared away. I did not need to meddle with the source directly, which might be a first.
6. I would be happy to provide all of the details and software required to set up a build environment should anyone else wish to help maintain this functionality.