Pike 8.0.350 beta

Peter Bortas-2
During this weekends Pike conference we resolved a few issues that
prevented a new release,
so here's a beta.

Pike 8.0.350 beta/release candidate:

    https://pike.lysator.liu.se/pub/pike/beta/8.0.350/Pike-v8.0.350.tar.gz

Other builds:

    https://pike.lysator.liu.se/pub/pike/beta/8.0.350/Pike-v8.0.350-Darwin-15.4.0-x86_64-macports
    https://pike.lysator.liu.se/pub/pike/beta/8.0.350/Pike-v8.0.350-win32-oldlibs.msi

Changes since Pike 8.0.276 (release 4)

New features
------------

o Calendar

  Updated Calendar to use timezonedata from tzdata2016i.

o Crypto.ECC

  Zero-pad short signature integers.

o Protocols.HTTP.Server.HeaderParser

  It is now possible to enable non-normalization on the entire object,
  and not just on a per call basis. It is also possible to disable
  support for folded headers, as per IETFs latest specification.

o CompilerEnvironment()->lock()

  This is a class that exposes the compiler internal lock.

o Gz.deflate()->clone()

  This allows for testing compression.

o gdb_backtraces()

  gdb_backtraces() is now available even --without-debug.

o ADT.Heap()->low_pop()

  This function is analogous to low_peek().

o Protocols.WebSocket

  Parse query variables in WebSocket Requests.

Bug fixes
---------

o cpp

  Fixed stringify operator on strings containing escaped double quotes.

o mkpackage

  Support $EXTRA_PLATFORM_TEST.

o Threads.Condition

  Fixed double free at cleanup on exit.

o Fixed multiple issues with cleanup on exit.

o Whitefish

  Fixed wrong signedness.

o Standards.EXIF

  Improved robustness of the EXIF parser.

o Protocols.HTTP.Session

  Ignore malformed expiry dates in cookies.

o Protocols.WebSocket

  Fixed handling of truncated frames.

o _Roxen

  Backported multiple fixes from Pike 8.1.

o Compiler

  Fixed broken range optimization.

  Removed optimization that considered the hostname() constant.

  Don't reference count direct cyclic references via mixed variables.

o MasterObject

  Protect against the same file being compiled concurrently in
  multiple threads.

  Cast to program and cast to object should now be thread-safe.

  Survive RESOLV_DEBUG being enabled.

o Stdio.FakeFile

  Improved sendfile compatibility.

o Process.create_process

  Improved behavior under high signal pressure.

o Sql.pgsql

  Improved robustness against stray destructs and exceptions.

o Standards.BSON

  Fixed circular dependency.

o Mappings

  Multiple optimizations in m_delete() and friends.

  Added flag MAPPING_FLAG_NO_SHRINK.

o Calendar

  Updated timezone data to tzdata2016h.

Building
--------

o Nettle

  Since there are distributions that have removed nettle_secp_192r1
  and nettlesecp_224r1 from the nettle library, these curved are now
  disabled by default. Enable them by compiling with
  --with-weak-curves.

Peter Bortas

Pike 8.0.350 beta

>o Nettle
>
>  Since there are distributions that have removed nettle_secp_192r1
>  and nettlesecp_224r1 from the nettle library, these curved are now
>  disabled by default. Enable them by compiling with
>  --with-weak-curves.

Maybe someone should inform the testsuite about this?  ;-)