executable bit set on non-executable files in lib

executable bit set on non-executable files in lib

H. William Welliver III-2
I’ve been working on a pike configuration for pkgsrc, and in the process, pkgsrc has noticed that there are a number of files in lib that are set executable. I know that there are a few files that can be run standalone, but these don’t seem to be in that category. Any objection to me updating those files so that they’re not executable?

Examples:

Web.pmod/Api.pmod/Twitter.pmod
Parser.pmod/LR.pmod/GrammarParser.pmod

Any thoughts?

Bill

Re: executable bit set on non-executable files in lib

Pontus Östlund-2
On 05 Jul 2017, at 16:54, H. William Welliver III <[hidden email]> wrote:

I’ve been working on a pike configuration for pkgsrc, and in the process, pkgsrc has noticed that there are a number of files in lib that are set executable. I know that there are a few files that can be run standalone, but these don’t seem to be in that category. Any objection to me updating those files so that they’re not executable?

Examples:

Web.pmod/Api.pmod/Twitter.pmod

I, shamefully, take responsibility for that one, and I can promise it doesn't need to be executable :D

Regards
Pontus Östlund
Developer • Roxen AB
+46 70-662 81 69